Monday, February 24, 2014

2014 Project Life!

2014 PL - January - Life as Their Mom

Last week I wrapped up 2013’s Project Life on the blog, so this week I thought I’d go over this year’s.

Before I start sharing my page spreads from January, let me first address a few changes that I’m doing…

First off, I am not breaking it all down by weeks. Instead I am breaking it all down by months instead. This makes it a little easier for me as I just open up a template and stick in my favorite photos from the photos I just uploaded. I make sure I leave blank spots for cards, especially next to photos that I know I’ll want to add a snippet about, and as each template fills up, I just open a new one. At the end of the month I just stick in the cards and add the journaling.

Next up, while last year I used a combination of templates, this year I’m just using 16 rather basic page templates. Eight of them are broken into thirds for horizontal set up, and the others are in halves. I’m alternating between the setups for each month.

Also, I am going for a much simpler look for my Project Life pages this year. There won’t be nearly as much on the spreads, the focus going to how the PL idea is slated and being mostly just photos and tidbits about them.

Lastly, each month is going to be done with one kit. This isn’t too different than last year’s one kit for each week, but it does lead to a lot more sameness to the spreads. Last years you had new colors and stuff ever 2-3 pages, and while I liked it, this does go along with the whole breaking it down by months instead of weeks.

Now… MY JANUARY PAGES!

01wA
left:
01a
right:
01b

01wB
left:
01c
right:
01d

01wC
left:
01e
right:
01f

01wD
left:
01g
right:
01h

No comments:

Post a Comment